Saturday, July 7, 2012

Recipe Reviewed: Persian Rice Stuffed Zucchini

Thursday MenuPersian Rice Stuffed Zucchini Farm Share Food – Zucchini, Cilantro
 
This recipe was a delightful aromatic preparation – the Zucchini roasting in the oven, and the cumin, cardamom, cinnamon smells from the rice while it cooked kept me happy while I moved around the kitchen.
 
I also loved it because each bite was so interesting.  Fruity bursts from the apricot, crunch from the pistachio, warmth from the zucchini and cheese.  Flavor explosions in every bite!
 
A few notes – The Zucchini from the farm is on the bigger side, like 15 oz. each when I weighed them.  The recipe calls for 6 oz. Zucchini, 6 of them.  I made only 2 Zucchini. 
 
We don’t particularly like dill, so I substituted in some of that great Cilantro we got in the CSA.  Also not big goat cheese fans, so the fresh mozzarella that needed used in the fridge got substituted for that.   These flavors worked well and the cheese did it’s job of holding together the rice mixture inside the Zucchini boats.
 
I had too much rice mixture for my 4 Zucchini boats.  It made for a nice side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment