Saturday, January 29, 2011

Three Days to CSA sign up

I find my CSA to be a good deal. For 2011 a share is $541 dollars for 25 weeks of organic vegetables. That is $21.64/week for 10 -17 pounds of vegetables. With a half share at $271, I’ll pay $10.84/week.

I have done the following experiment a couple of times. I take a list of what was in my half share to the grocery store and calculate what I would have paid for non-organic and organic equivalents. Both prices are always more than my CSA share. The other occurrence that made me realize my CSA was a good deal was coming home from vacation several days before CSA pick up and visiting the farmer’s market to pick up vegetables. I spent $25 -30 and only got vegetables for a couple of days. During CSA season we have enough vegetables to have something from the farm on the dinner table every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment