Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Potato Soup


Tuesday Menu – Potato Soup, Salad
Farm Share Produce – Potatoes, Onion

The Potato and Onion are now gone from the 40 pound vegetable box.

For the Potato Soup I used this recipe. I halved the recipe. I also didn’t use leeks. I am not a big fan of leeks, I don’t like paying for so much vegetable that gets discarded and I find them a pain to clean. I just used more onions in place of the leeks.

Potato Soup with Caramelized Shallots
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/103871


About roasting… This soup recipe called for roasting a head of garlic for one hour. When instructions like that in a recipe, I find a time I’m just hanging around the house and roast the item. Yesterday I also packed up a couple of beets in tin foil and roasted them too. I just keep the items in the refrigerator till I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment