Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thai Ground Meat with Chiles and Basil

I love this dinner! I’ve always just followed the recipe and been very happy. It calls for 3 hot peppers – on this ingredient I’m usually lenient because I use whatever pepper we have around. Last night it was Mariachi Peppers and a long hot pepper. Last night I used ground turkey and didn’t make the coconut rice, but Basmati Brown Rice (get those whole grains, right?). Still an excellent dinner!

Wednesday Menu – Thai Turkey with Chiles and Basil, Corn on the Cob
Farm Share Produce – Mariachi Peppers, Corn on the Cob, Basil
Other Local Produce – Garlic, Hot Pepper

Thai Ground Meat with Chiles and Basil
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/thai-beef-with-chiles-and-basil-over-coconut-rice

Corn on the Cob
We tend to be minimalists when it comes to corn on the cob. I husk it, put the cobs in some boiling water that doesn’t even cover the cobs, and let it cook with the cover on for only 5-7 minutes. We barely even put butter, salt or pepper on the corn. I see all these great recipes for fancy butters and cheese for corn on the cob, but I know my husband will just eat it plain old, so I don’t bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment