Monday, July 19, 2010

Green Bean Salad with Spicy Asian Dressing

The basil in the garden is going crazy, so that needed to become pesto. I was all out of nuts of any variety and didn’t like any of the selection at the store, so I made pesto with sunflower seeds. I liked it. I also made a visit to the farmer’s market Sunday morning.

The first pepper is hot. I used that in the green bean salad. The sweet pepper is only in the picture because it is purple. I plan to make some pickles out of the cucumbers with my son who would happily just eat pickles for lunch. And, I can never resist an eggplant – don’t know what I’ll do with it, but I can’t wait!!!

Sunday Menu: – Grilled Salmon with Pesto, Spicy Asian Green Bean Salad, Dinner Rolls
Local Produce: Basil, Green Beans, Hot Pepper



Green Bean Salad with Spicy Asian Dressing
From Everyday Food Issue 70

3-4 handfuls of fresh green beans, trimmed
2 T sunflower seeds
2 T vegetable oil
2 T rice wine vinegar
1 T lemon juice
½ hot pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 ½ t sugar

Boil water in a medium saucepan and blanche green beans for 3 minutes. Remove immediately and rinse in cold water. Place in serving dish and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.

Mix oil, vinegar, lemon juice, hot pepper sliced and sugar together. Toss with Green Bean Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment