Saturday, July 24, 2010

Carrot Cake Ice Cream

Friday Menu – Chard Quesadillas, Carrot Cake Ice Cream


Farm Share Produce – Carrots

Other Local Produce – Chard, Hot Peppers



Chard Quesadillas

http://purplecook.blogspot.com/2010/06/spinach-and-mushroom-quesadillas.html

I used this same concept, but this time in the oil I sautéed hot peppers and chard. I added a little protein this time with leftover chicken and shrimp. Good, easy Friday night dinner!



Carrot Cake Ice Cream

I used a combination of my oh, so yummy Carrot Cake recipe and the simple ice cream recipe in the booklet that came with my ice cream maker (Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker ICE-20). I’ve never used anything but this simple recipe for a base. It’s really good. It’s consistency is like that of soft serve ice cream. My friend has a base that uses eggs and involves cooking on the stove. Maybe someday I’ll try that…

4-5 carrots, sliced
8 oz. crushed pineapple
2 t cinnamon
½ t allspice
1 t vanilla
1 cup light cream
4 oz. cream cheese
1 cup whole milk
¾ cup sugar


Boil carrots in water for 5-7 minutes until soft. Let cool and then smash with fork.
In a medium boil mix carrots, pineapple, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla. Add light cream, cream cheese, milk and sugar and mix to combine.
Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment