Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Review Week Eight of 2014

Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Cantaloupe, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Green Beans, Head Lettuce, Onions, Potatoes, Salad Mix, Scallions, Serrano Peppers, Small Tomatoes, Zucchini


Here is what I did with the CSA share this week...

Saturday Menu: BLT Sandwiches, Corn on the Cob, Roasted Broccoli, Microwave Potato Chips, and Spicy Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad.

I used head lettuce, corn, broccoli, potatoes, cantaloupe, cucumber, and serrano peppers from the share for this meal.

Roasted Broccoli – tossed broccoli pieces in olive oil and salt and roasted in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Pool Side Menu: Indian Chicken Wraps and Potato Chips (leftover from Saturday).

I used onions, serrano peppers, and potatoes from the share for this meal.

These wraps were excellent.  They were easy to pack up for an on the go meal.  I keep my freezer well stocked with Naan from Trader Joe’s.

Eggplant, Onion, and Potato – I made the Vegetarian AubergineTagine.  It is in the freezer.  It came out very nicely.  I used one or two of the potatoes we got last week as a substitute for the sweet potato.  I used a can of fire roasted tomatoes, but you could easily rough chop up small tomatoes from the share and use those in this dish.

Green Beans – these went into the freezer.  Green beans blanch for 3 minutes, then into an ice bath, drained and put into a plastic storage bag for the freezer.  I am always checking with my favorite site on freezing vegetables.


Small Tomatoes and ZucchiniSilky Pappardelle and ZucchiniRibbons was a hit!  It came together quickly.  I couldn’t find pappardelle at the store.  I bought lasagna sheets of fresh pasta in the refrigerated section and cut them like pappardelle with a pizza cutter.  The kids loved trying this new cut of pasta.  I also used CSA herbs and not what was listed in the recipe.  I used basil from the plant from the farm and frozen parsley from earlier in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment