Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review Week Eleven of 2014

Week Eleven we got...

Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Cantaloupe, Carmen Peppers, Corn,  Eggplant, Garlic, Green Beans, Head Lettuce, Salad Mix,  Slicing Tomatoes, Small Yellow Tomatoes, Spaghetti  Squash, Dill, Parsley

Peaches

Here are some dishes I made this week...

I froze the bell peppers, corn, and the green beans from last week.

The bell peppers I cleaned and sliced into strips.  I will use these for fajitas some time.
The green peppers I cleaned and trimmed.  I boiled them for 2 minutes and then transferred to an ice bath.  I drained them and froze them.
We only ate a few ears of corn.  The rest I cut off the niblets and froze them.

Saturday Menu: Summer Garden Pasta and Salad
This menu used Small Yellow Tomatoes, Garlic, and Basil from the CSA share.

This was the easiest weekend dinner ever.  You simple cut up the small tomatoes and marinate them with olive oil, garlic, herbs, salt & pepper for up to 4 hours.  When it was time for dinner I boiled the pasta and made a salad.  You simple toss the marinated tomatoes with the cooked pasta.

Sunday Menu: Soy-Sesame Stir Fry

Stir Fry is great for CSA veggies.  This one included Broccoli, Carrots, and Peppers from the CSA share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment