Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Week Twelve of 2014

We got...

Broccoli, Carmen Peppers, Carrots, Corn,  Cucumber, Eggplant, Garlic, Head Lettuce, Hot Peppers, Onions, Potatoes, Salad Mix,  Slicing Tomatoes, Small Tomatoes, Cilantro, Parsley

Peaches

My ideas...

Broccoli, Hot peppers, Cilantro – Bacon and Broccoli RiceBowl
I think ground beef or turkey could be a substitution for bacon in this dish.

Carmen Peppers and Onions – Arroz Con Pollo
This recipe calls for fresh peppers and onions.  It also calls for roasted peppers.  We have so many peppers I am planning on making Simple Marinated Peppers again.  They could be used as the roasted peppers in this recipe.  I also plan on freezing some of the marinated peppers.

Eggplant and Peppers – Again all the peppers...This AfghanEggplant with Yogurt Sauce is delicious and will be a good  use of both the eggplant and peppers.

Potatoes and Garlic – Skordalia
My husband and I had a fantastic dinner at a Greek restaurant this summer.  We ordered Skordalia which was described as a Garlic dip.  We immediately looked up Skordalia.  I made this with our last potatoes – delicious.  Find some good pita or naan to scoop it up with.


Slicing Tomatoes, Cucumber, Onion, and Herbs - Gazpacho

No comments:

Post a Comment