Monday, June 23, 2014

Review of Week Two 2014

Here are some dishes I made this week...

Arugula, Radishes and Basil – Radish Salad with Parmesan and Lemon
This was a great find.  It used three items we got this week and was a lovely side dish to steak on the grill.

Kale and Garlic Scapes – Linguine with Garlicky Kale andWhite Beans
Rave reviews from the husband who doesn’t always look forward to the season of greens with much enthusiasm.  I also used up my beloved Garlic Scapes for the ¼ cup of garlic this recipe calls for.
NOTE: The recipe calls for frozen kale.  To make the recipe as a CSA share holder I boiled water and added a little salt.  I rough chopped the Kale and simmered it covered for 25 minutes until tender.  Drain the Kale and it is ready for this recipe.

Summer Squash and Zucchini – Crunchy Zucchini Coins
A bunch of families got together for a potluck dinner of snacks for the kids between activities.  These took only minutes to make and were kid friendly.

FREEZER IDEAS
I also froze several items this week.

Basil – we got such a lovely bunch of basil in the share.  What I didn’t use got cut up and frozen into cubes for use later in sauces and soups.

Broccoli Rabe – I love using Broccoli Rabe to create a pasta starter that goes in the freezer and makes for a quick meal later.  The following link includes directions for the pasta starter and how to prepare the meal when the time comes.

Turnips – I cut the turnips into bite size cubes and froze them.  They will be perfect in Stir Fry and Briyani.

No comments:

Post a Comment