Thursday, June 26, 2014

Week Three of 2014

We got...

Arrowhead Cabbage, Garlic Scapes, Head Lettuce, Kohlrabi, Red Russian Kale, Salad Mix, Scallions, Snow Peas, Summer Squash,  Zucchini, Cilantro, Basil, Parsley

My ideas...

Arrowhead Cabbage and Scallions – Shrimp Pad Thai
A friend shared this recipe with me when I was looking for cabbage ideas in the fall.  I was looking forward to cabbage this spring so I could make it again with cabbage from the CSA.

We had these last nights and kids asked for seconds. 
NOTE: I made them with ground turkey, but they call for tofu making them a great vegetarian meal.  I also didn't use Sriracha to make them more family friendly.  This could always be added to individual wraps depending on how spicy you like your food. 

Kohlrabi and Herbs– Grilled Kohlrabi Slices
The farm has this suggestion on Facebook.  I found a recipe to follow.  The farm suggestion also included fresh herbs to the marinade.

Red Russian Kale – Sausage and Kale Soup
I plan to make this and freeze it.

Snow Peas, Summer Squash, Zucchini – Stir Fry
We had this the night the veggies came home and it was a huge hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment