Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week One of 2014


Happy CSA Season!!!

My goal for the season is to focus on meal planning.  I will talk about why I choose to have a meal on a certain night – like we had lots of time today so I choose this complicated meal or we were running to the pool so this dinner made more sense.  I will also talk about how I plan for the whole week.  Finally, I’ve been asked to include whole menus.  So if I post about a side dish, like the Zesty Broccoli below, I will share what I served with it and why.

 

We got...

 

Arugula, Broccoli, Broccoli Rabe, Head Lettuce, Kale, Radishes, Salad Mix, Summer Squash, Tatsoi, Turnip, Zucchini, Cilantro

 

My ideas...

 


This looks like a great meal to start off the summer season.

 

BroccoliZesty Broccoli

 

Broccoli RabeGingery Fish and Noodles

We’ve had this in the CSA off season – delicious!

 


 


This has been on the blog before and is an old favorite.   I couldn’t wait for CSA radishes to have this yummy dish for dinner.

 

Summer Squash and ZucchiniLasagna with Zucchini

 

TatsoiAll Things Tatsoi

Here is a website with a long list of ways to use Tatsoi.

 

Turnips4 Turnips Recipes

Real Simple offers four different turnip recipes.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment