Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week Sixteen of 2012

We got...

 Acorn Squash, Broccoli, Carrots, Corn, Green Beans, Potatoes, Radish, Red Onions, Salad Mix, Savoy Cabbage, Spinach, Tomatoes, Cilantro
 
Fruit: Pears
 
My plans...
 
Acorn Squash – doesn’t this just sound yummy, Garam MasalaScallops over Acorn Squash?
 
Broccoli – I’m always looking for new pasta dishes, especially if they use our CSA vegetables.  This month’s Everyday Food has a Broccoli Pasta with Parmesan Croutons that I’ll have to try.
 
Carrots, Onions, Cilantro – These Indian Chicken Wraps look like they’d make a great weeknight meal.
 
Green Beans – Braised Green Beans, what a great side dish with fall approaching.
 
Potatoes – These Smashed Potatoes look comforting.
 
Savoy Cabbage – This Sautéed Savoy Cabbage with Scallionsand Garlic would be a warm and welcome side dish.
 
Spinach – I know it’s a second scallop dish, but Scallopswith Spinach and Paprika Syrup has my mouth watering.  I’m thinking of substituting the scallops with shrimp or just making the spinach as a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment