Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week Fourteen of 2012

We got....
 
Arugula, Broccoli, Broccoli Rabe, Carmen Peppers, Corn, Delicata Squash, Green Beans, Salad Mix, Tomatoes-Beefsteak, Tomatoes-Cherry, Tomatoes-Roma, Parsley
 
Fruit: Apples
 
My ideas...
 
Arugula, Tomaotes, Parsley – This recipe, Grilled ChickenSalad with Gazpacho Dressing, uses Arugula as the salad base and puts tomatoes and parsley to use in making the dressing.
 
Broccoli – I was looking for a Broccoli side dish, this Charred Broccoli sounds good.
 
Broccoli Rabe – This Broccoli Rabe with Pine Nuts andRaisins would make a great lunch.
 
Carmen Peppers – Whenever I feel like the peppers are piling up in the fridge I make Thai Beef with Chiles and Basil over Coconut Rice.  I’ll likely substitute in the Parsley for the Basil.  This is a great weeknight dish that could be made with any ground meat – beef, turkey, chicken, etc.
 
Green Beans – I’ve made this Thai Beef Stir Fry a couple of times because I like the Green Beans so much, so I think I’ll skip the beef and use this recipe for a Green Bean Side Dish.
 
Beefsteak Tomatoes – We are having BLT’s one night this week.  My children will be ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment