Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Week Three of 2015

We got...

Arrowhead Cabbage, Arugula, Beets, Broccoli, Broccoli Rabe, Head Lettuce, Salad Mix, Scallions, Snow Peas, Summer Squash, Tatsoi, Zucchini, Cilantro, Garlic Scapes, Parsley

When we get items from the CSA for the first time in the season I’m always ready to get out recipes that are old favorites.  This week my suggestions are things I’ve shared before, but always come to mind when we get a certain veggie in the share.

My ideas...

Arrowhead Cabbage and Garlic Scapes – Chicken, Edamame, andNoodle Stir Fry


Beets provide the color and some of the sweetness in these cupcakes.

Broccoli, Zucchini, Summer Squash, and Tatsoi – These veggies would make a perfect stir fry.

I will often use this recipe and follow the steps for broccoli rabe and put it in the freezer as a pasta starter.  When we need a quick meal I’ll brown the sausage and cook the pasta and then toss it with the pasta starter.

Snow Peas – Pasta Primavera
This pasta primavera is a great CSA recipe to have on hand.  You can use it to finish up the CSA veggies or it can be used with lots of different veggie combinations.


Cilantro and Parsley – Herbs can easily be frozen and saved for soups and stews.  Here is how I freeze my herbs - Freezing Herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment