Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Week One of 2015

As I approached Week One of the CSA share I wasn’t sure what would available.  My meal plan for the week includes two recipes that are more like formulas and can be used with numerous combinations of vegetables and flavorings. 

The first is my go to Stir Fry Recipe.  Follow this link and at the bottom is a variety of sauces to give variety and suit personal taste.  On the Purple Cook in the past I have featured our family’s favorite the Soy Sesame Stir Fry.

The second is a traditional Moroccan Tagine.  I took a class this spring on how to build a Tagine dish.  One simple formula, many delicious dinner combinations.

We got...

Arugula, Kale, Kohlrabi, Radishes, Salad Mix, Scallions, Summer Squash, Turnip, Zucchini, Basil, Parsley

My ideas...

Arugula – These sandwiches sound yummy and my son thinks the whole family might enjoy them – a rare dinner for our house.  The sandwich calls for eggplant, but summer squash or zucchini might make a good substitute.

Kale – A favorite Kale recipe – Kale and Chicken ScaloppineCaesar.

Kohlrabi – a great CSA cookbook “From Asparagus to Zucchini” suggests making a slaw out of grated Kohlrabi.

Radishes, Summer Squash, Turnip, Zucchini and Parsley – these will all be part of the stir fry and tagine mentioned above.


Basil – one thing I miss in when we aren’t getting our CSA is pesto from our fresh basil.  I’ll be making some pesto and freezing it away in ice cube trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment