Friday, August 2, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Asian Beef Rolls

I made this recipe several times over the winter.  I couldn’t wait to get peppers from the CSA to share this great recipe.
 

This is the most ideal Asian Beef Roll I’ve ever made.
 

Even if they look like this, they taste good.
 
Thursday Menu – Asian Beef Rolls, Herb Salad, Cilantro-Peanut Breadcrumb Topped Pasta
Farm Share Food – Carmen Peppers, Salad Mix, Summer Squash, Carrots, Basil, Cilantro
 
Asian Beef Rolls
 
Thin slices of steak marinate for ten minutes.  Then you roll the slices around 3 pepper strips, and 3 lengths of green onion tops.  Cook for 6-7 minutes on a grill pan.  Delicious!
 
The recipe directs you to make a sauce from the marinade to drizzle over the finished beef rolls.  I always cook the beef rolls in the marinade to help maintain moisture.  I’ve tried drizzling the sauce and I don’t think it adds anything to the dish.
 
Herb Salad
 
This is a salad I’ve posted earlier that features summer squash.  I had a leftover shaved summer squash and carrots from the Vietnamese Noodle Bowls (failure!).  I tossed the leftovers with the salad mix and the light and refreshing dressing in this recipe.
 
Cilantro-Peanut Breadcrumb Tossed Pasta
 
Check out my post with links to several Breadcrumb Pasta Toppers that use Basil, Cilantro, and Kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment