Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Week Twelve of 2013

We got...

Bok Choi, Broccoli, Carmen Peppers, Corn,  Cucumber, Eggplant, Garlic, Head Lettuce, Mariachi Peppers, Potatoes, Tomatoes (slicing), Tomatoes (small)

Fruit: Plums
 
 
My ideas....
 
Bok Choi and Broccoli – I made this Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry recently and enjoyed the simplicity of it.  It makes for a tasty dinner.  I plan to use a small amount of Bok Choi to replace the scallions.
 
Carmen Peppers, Mariachi Peppers, Bok Choi – This Soba Noodle Salad seems just the thing for a new way to use all these lovely peppers.  Again the Bok Choi is going to be a replacement, in this dish for scallions and snow peas.
 
Cucumber – I want to make my own Tzatziki Sauce to go with some Falafel I have on hand.
 
Eggplant and Tomatoes – I haven’t made my favorite Kashmiri Eggplant yet this summer, this week’s Eggplant is the perfect size for one of my favorite dishes.
 
Garlic – I want to try this Garlic Soup with Poached Eggs.
 
Potatoes – Hoping to take this Spiced Potato Salad poolside for one last picnic.
 
Tomatoes – I want to try both these simple tomato dishes Spicy Cherry Tomatoes and Roasted Tomato and Ricotta Crostini.

No comments:

Post a Comment