Monday, December 12, 2011

Purple Plan Update

Life’s regular routines got away from me last week and are on the verge of doing so again this week.  I thought I would share some meals I’ve been cooking or plan to cook soon using local ingredients.  
Buffalo Chicken Thighs, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli
Local Food: Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli
These Sweet Potatoes were little and baked quickly at 450 degress, in like 30 minutes.  Broccoli was frozen from the CSA.
 
Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Rabe, Salad
Local Food: Chicken Sausage, Broccoli Rabe
I had the base for this quick and easy dish frozen from this summer.  Check out the link for the recipe and how to prep it for the freezer.
 
Halibut Tacos, Zucchini Rice
Local Food: Shredded Zucchini from the freezer
This rice is yummy and a fun way to get veggies on the plate.
 
Creamy Tomato Pesto Soup, Crusty Bread
Local Foods: Onion, Garlic, Pesto, Herbs
If you have whole or crushed tomatoes from the summer, that would be one more local ingredient.  I used some frozen crushed tomatoes the last time I had made this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment