Friday, November 4, 2011

Coriander Glazed Carrots

I really liked these carrots.  The citrus really brightened them up and they were an easy side dish to make.  My husband did not like the citrus flavors in these carrots.  
Tuesday Menu – Arugula Pesto Salmon, Arugula Pesto Roasted Potatoes, Coriander Glazed Carrots.
Farm Share Food – Arugula Pesto, Potatoes, Carrots, Cilantro
 
Arugula Pesto
I defrosted the Arugula Pesto I made a couple of weeks ago.  I spread some on the salmon filets and then cooked those on the Foreman Grill.  I cut up the potatoes into 1 inch cubes and tossed them with some pesto.  I roast them at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, turning them once during the cooking time.
 
Coriander Glazed Carrots
originally from Food Network Magazine

 Printable Version
1 T unsalted butter
½ t coriander seed, lightly crushed
1 pound carrots, cut into sticks
¼ cup orange juice
1 T lime juice
1 ½ T brown sugar
salt and pepper
2 T chopped cilantro, I used my frozen cubes
 
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the coriander seeds and toast 30 seconds.  Add the carrots and stir in orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, 2 T water, and salt and pepper to taste.  Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to medium low.  Simmer, stirring occasionally, 13-15 minutes until carrots are tender.
 
Uncover, increase heat to medium high and cook until liquid is reduced 8-10 minutes.  Stir in cilantro and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment