Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Crushed Tomatoes

I adore Crushed Tomatoes and the many recipes you can make with them.  I was getting a little overwhelmed with tomatoes piling up on the counter and set out to find a way to make my own Crushed Tomatoes.
 
Homemade Crushed Tomatoes
 
I felt confident reading this recipe that this method would work well.  I’m always nervous about activities like taking the peel off a tomato.  The recipe will say something like, “the peel will easily slide off” and that NEVER happens in my kitchen.  This time it slid right off!  This blog also debates to seed or not to seed.  The blogger seeded, I kept mine in.


 
The picture is the tomatoes after I crushed them.  They are in this awesome kitchen gadget I have that holds a bag open for you while you fill it up.  They are currently in the freezer waiting for me to get creative.
 
Bag Holder
Here is a link to a gadget similar to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment