Monday, June 17, 2013

Recipe Reviewed: Roasted Broccoli


Sunday Menu – BBQ Chicken, Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Cabbage Wedges
Farm Share Food – Broccoli, Napa Cabbage, Garlic Scapes

If you need an easy method for BBQ Chicken try Paula Deen’s Easy After Work BBQ Chicken.  If you want to make it even easier, use your favorite bottled BBQ sauce.  My husband grew up in Cincinnati, so we always have a bottle of Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce on the shelf.
 
I found a recipe in my piles for Roasted CabbageWedges.  It is almost the same as a recipe already on the blog.  Last night I brushed mine with olive oil and butter and then seasoned them with salt and pepper.  They took about 35 minutes to roast.  They were a hit.
 
I was drawn to this recipe because it’s called The Best Broccoli of Your Life.  The link will have several variations.  Basically I tossed the cut up broccoli with garlic scapes, olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.  And it was better than any roasted broccoli I’ve ever made before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment