Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Roasted Winter Squash and Fennel

Roasting veggies is such a delicious way to eat them and I tend to forget about this simple method. Last week when my husband did not enjoy the squash and pasta dish he said, “Couldn’t you just roast the squash?” Yeah, I tend to want to make dishes with my CSA treasurers and forget to enjoy their simplicity.

Meatless Monday Menu – Black Bean Tortilla Pie, Roasted Fennel and Winter Squash
Farm Share Produce – Corn from the Freezer, Cilantro, Fennel, and Winter Squash

Roasting
I halved the winter squash, seeded it, and drizzled some olive oil and salt on the halves. The fennel I cut into quarters, and drizzled with olive oil and salt. I put them in at 425 degree oven for about 35 minutes. I started checking them after 25, and then checked them at 7-10 minute intervals. I served the squash with butter, salt, and pepper. The fennel we just ate as it came out of the oven.

I’ve got to remember to roast the veggies, and fall veggies are perfect for roasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment