Wednesday, July 8, 2015

We got...

Broccoli, Cabbage, Chioggia Beets, Cucumber, Onions, Red Russian Kale, Salad Mix, Scallions, Snow Peas, Summer Squash, Swiss Chard, Zucchini, Basil, Cilantro, Dill
Fruit: Cherries

My ideas...


Cabbage, Basil and Onions – Basil Summer Rolls with PeanutDipping Sauce
These rolls call for tofu.  You might also consider leftover chicken, steak, or pork roast to roll up with the basil.

Chioggia Beets – Beets stress me out.  I never know what to do with them.  Check out this article from the Huffington Post with 30 ideas for beets.

Cucumber – Three ingredients for these Tangy PickledCucumber that make a great side for Asian dishes.

Kale – Greens in tomato sauce on pasta is one of my favorites.  Might try a twist with this Creamed RoastedRed Pepper and Kale Penne.


This recipe includes a dressing with mint.  I would substitute an herb we got this week for the mint.

Swiss Chard – Swiss Chard Tzatziki
I have some falafel in the freezer.  These would be great together with a little naan or pita.

I love one pot pasta and I love variations on favorite recipes.  This one should be fun to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment