Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Purple Plan Week of November 27, 2011

Mujudara, Salad
Local Food: Onions, Sweet Peppers
see NOTE below


Cajun Chicken Straganoff, Broccoli
Local Food: Broccoli

I have bags of frozen broccoli saved from CSA season.  I will prepare it the way I always do frozen broccoli...heat olive oil in a pan, add frozen broccoli and season with salt.  Cover and let steam.  When defrosted add a little more salt and sauté until broccoli begins to brown.  Finish with sesame oil.


Pizza with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Salad
Local Food: Sweet Peppers, Frozen Summer Squash


Saturday we got invited to dinner at a friend’s house.  I’m bringing Beet Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Oh my goodness do I have beets...so many left from CSA season.

NOTE: I actually made the Mujudara last night.  It was delicious and I simply followed the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment