Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Week 19 of 2011

We got...  
Arugula, Beefsteak Tomatoes, Butternut Squash, Mustard Greens, Onions, Red Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips
 
Fruit: Apples
 
My plans...
 
Arugula
I would like to make some Arugula Pesto to freeze.  Maybe some will find its way onto roasted potatoes or used as a pizza sauce.

Beefsteak Tomatoes
I think I’m just going to enjoy the fact that we are still getting tomatoes in October.
 
Butternut Squash
I can’t wait to try a recipe in Everyday Food vol. 86 for Braised Chicken with Butternut Squash and Cranberries.  I can’t share the link because it’s not up on their website yet. 
 
Mustard Greens
After working with these last week I thought I’d like to make Braised Mustard Greens.  This recipe on epicurious.com looks like a good way to go.

Onions
Our farm has a tremendous yield of onions this year - a joy amidst all the trials from Hurricane Irene.  I’m very happy to have them and will use them for as long as I can.
 
Potatoes and Turnips
I found this great roasted chicken recipe in the spring that featured spring vegetables.  I’m thinking of adapting it for winter vegetables.  I’ll be using beets, potatoes, radishes, and turnips.

No comments:

Post a Comment