Monday, November 1, 2010

Basic Tomato Sauce

We needed quick, basic, and easy to get a good meal in the children’s bellys before Trick or Treating in some weird white precipitation that wasn’t snow, but wasn’t quite hail, we went with calling it sleet. It wasn’t so bad and they only noticed that the super scary houses also gave out the best candy.

Sunday Menu – Spaghetti with Basic Tomato Sauce and Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Salad
Farm Share Produce – Onion, Carrot, Basil, Salad Mix, Beefsteak Tomato

Basic Tomato Sauce
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mario-batali/basic-tomato-sauce-recipe12/index.html

A couple of my thoughts –

• I always half this recipe and last night that was just the right amount for our family of 4.
• I used Furmano’s Crushed Tomatoes (these are the best!), the recipe calls for whole tomatoes you crush by hand – which might be fun.
• I love this because it’s just about as quick and easy as sauce from a jar, but I’m making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment